Thursday, March 22

Day 82: Daisy Feet

"Don't say that spring has come until you can put your foot on nine daisies"

I found this quote when I was looking online for information about the vernal equinox. It was in a section labeled "spring folklore". I think It brings up such a lovely image of children playing in a field of daisies, running and laughing and exuding their happy innocence.

Spring is about to truly spring here in Stockholm. When I am out on my lunch time walks I can see that green stuff is starting to come up from the ground and buds are forming on the bushes and trees. Slowly but surely they are nearing the stage of explosion. I seriously cannot wait! I feel that I have been in winter prison for too long and I personally am ready to break out. I want to feel so hot that I need an ice cream cone to cool me off.

As I mentioned in some posts back, I have summer fever. Is there such a thing? If not, there should be. I don't know if there will be a field with nine (or more) daisies around here to go set my foot upon but there will definitely be blossoms on the cherry trees (Which I completely love!) and fields ablaze with the vibrant, almost fluorescent, yellow blooms of the rapsolja, or canola, plants.

And there will be hundreds of tiny and not so tiny islands to take the ferry to and explore. I will be off on island adventures as often as possible. Kayaking, hiking riding my bike and swimming.  And if possible I'll find some daisies to squash with my bare feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment