Sunday, March 4

Day 64: Sunshine, Bicycles and Mini Pretzel Dogs

My day started out with house cleaning. Fun, right? But then the sun insisted on flooding in through the windows. It grabbed me by the shoulders and said, “You don’t know how long I am going to be around today. It’s time to head outside and play.” Okay. I’m not one to argue with the sun so my husband changed out of our cleaning clothes and into our adventure clothes and headed out on our bikes. At first I thought that maybe the sun telling me to go outside was a secret and that we would have the entire outdoors to ourselves. Ha. It became apparent rather quickly that the sun was two-timing me and had made this demand of every other inhabitant of Stockholm. It was a gorgeous spring-like day and everyone was out and about. Everyone and their [mini pretzel] dog.


I am happy to say that the days of curling up on the couch with a good book are over. That is, as long as the sun continues to show its face like today. The long, dark passage of winter is rapidly being overtaken with longer, brighter and happier, sunshiny days. It was still a bit cold out but soon the temperatures will start to stay above freezing and before I know it we will be walking to Mariatorget in broad daylight, at nine p.m., for an ice cream. Something to look forward to…


But speaking of mini pretzel dogs, I came across this recipe for these pretzel dogs and they were so cute and looked so tasty that we decided that we had to try it this weekend. We made them this afternoon and they turned out pretty great if you ask me.


See for yourselves:




As far as recipes go, it was a fairly, simple one, aside from having to convert dry active yeast to fresh, cake yeast. But with Google nearly all things are possible and conversions such as this are a piece of cake [or pretzel]. They always say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. I think that saying also applies to me. My stomach seems to be the gateway to happiness. And even though I blew my diet today and ate four mini pretzel dogs (okay three mini and one medium) as a snack, I feel happy knowing that I will start my work week after a Sunday filled with sunshine, bicycles and mini pretzel dogs.


For the recipe click here: Mini Pretzel Dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment